Tokyo is the city which gets the least sleep on the Earth while New York is the one which is most active city in the United States, a new study has found.
A group of researchers recorded information about some human activities that include sleep, diet, calories burnt and guide lines on how to achieve goals. The researchers used a fitness tracker UP for recording the information. The device is like a wristband that starts tracking when those wearing it are awake and when they go to bed for sleep.
During the research, the investigators discovered a range of interesting facts about the lifestyles of people living in the cities worldwide. The study, however, only depict patterns for UP users.
The researchers involved 5,000 UP users from across globe and collected their data. Following the study, the researchers were able to find out which metropolis has the maximum amount of sleep or which gets the lowest.
Analysing the gathered data, following were the findings:
- The people in New York have average 6 hours and 47 minutes of sleep per day. 30
- New York is the most active city in the US, averaging 8,704 steps per day.
- In Washington DC, people sleeps about the same amount of hours as in New York. However, a third of DC residents are asleep but by 7:30 am.
- Tokyo gets the least amount of sleep as people sleep 5 hours and 46 minutes in a day on an average.
- South Korea gets a minimum amount of sleep as people here sleep for an average 5 hours and 55 minutes a day.
- Melbourne gets the most amount of sleep as people here gets 7 hours and 5 minutes of sleep per night.
- London gets 7 hours and 2 minutes of sleep
- People in Brisbane go to bed the earliest.
- People of Moscow go to bed late and also gets up late.
The study results were published by the Wall Street Journal.
Latest posts by Anne-Marie Jackson (see all)
- SF Hospital Slaps New Parents with $19K Bill for Baby Treatment - Jun 29, 2018
- Furious Trump Blasts Harley-Davidson for Moving Production Overseas - Jun 28, 2018
- Warning! MRI Machines Could Poison You - Jun 27, 2018