Celebrating its ‘30 years of graphics’, hardware company AMD on Saturday announced the launch of its new mid-range graphics card in the first week of September this year.
AMD made the announcement during an event organized to celebrate the company’s 30 years of endeavor in the field of gaming and graphics on Saturday.
The hardware giant is expected to unveil Radeon R9 285, the newest inexpensive addition to its desktop graphics cards lineup, on September 2 at a lucrative price of USD 249 MSRP.
Radeon R9 285, the successor to Radeon R9 280 graphics card, will utilize the Tonga Pro GPU system. It will be positioned between the 2GB R9 270 / 270X series and the 3GB R9 280X card.
According to AMD, the card is so designed that it will surpass Nvidia GTX 760 by offering best performance ever and allowing gaming enthusiasts to enjoy their recently released PC games at maximum detail.
Key Specs of R9 285
- Up to 3.29 teraFLOPS of computing performance at a clock speed up to 918MHz.
- A full length display port with two DVI outputs and an HDMI port.
- It utilizes 2GB of GDDR5 memory running across a 256-bit interface.
- Variants of the card with 4GB of memory by third party to be released soon.
- New card offers an improved power draw over the previous R9 280 card. R9 285 has a power draw of 190 watts versus the 250 watts.
The company is also offering a lucrative deal to all those interested in buying the new graphics card. For the gamers, AMD will be packaging new bundled games, ‘Never Settle: Space Edition’, with the entire lineup of R9 cards.
The two games offered with the purchase of every R9 285graphics card are ‘Star Citizen’ and ‘Alien Isolation’.
Latest posts by Nathan Fortin (see all)
- The End of Life Option Act Already Used by 111 People - Mar 12, 2019
- Senate Decided to Kill Rule that Promotes Retirement Plans - Mar 12, 2019
- BlackRock Is Turning to Robots for Improved Stocks - Mar 12, 2019