The world has been living in terror of the devastating Ebola virus that has spread from Africa to the US and other parts of the world. The recent shocking news reveals that the Ebola patient zero was a baby from Guinea named Emile Ouamouno.
Before this news was released, no one knew who the 2-year-old toddler was. Now the whole world knows he is the Ebola patient zero.
Scientists from the New England Journal of Medicine are convinced the 2-year-old was the first person to have contract the deadly virus almost a year ago, before the outbreak spreading all over the world. The researchers still don’t know how the little boy became the Ebola patient zero and how could he have been infected with the Ebola virus in the rainforest village from the southern part of Guinea, where he lived.
It is known that the Ebola virus can be passed from animals to humans through infected tissue or body fluids.
According to the World Health Organization,
“In Africa, infection has been documented through the handling of infected chimpanzees, gorillas, fruit bats, monkeys, forest antelope and porcupines.”
The scientists discovered that the Ebola patient zero, Emile started to show the virus’ symptoms in December. He started having black stool, a fever and started to vomit. The 2-year-old boy died four days later, on December 6. Within a very short period of time (less than a month) his mother, his 4-year-old sister and his grandmother died. The mother died on December 13, after suffering severe Ebola symptoms, like bleeding. The 4-year-old sister followed and died on December 29 after suffering Ebola symptoms like vomiting, fever and black diarrhea. The grandmother of the Ebola patient zero died on January 1. The father of the family was not killed by the virus but left grieving after his family.
The Ebola patient zero lived with his family in a village called Meliandou, with livestock animals like goats and chickens running free around the brown huts in which the family lived. Scientists believe that the Ebola virus came from one of the animals that came into contact with the little boy.
Latest posts by Christina Langfold (see all)
- Coral Reef Damage Scares Florida Keys Researchers and Businesses - Jun 26, 2017
- Nike to Slash Global Workforce by 1,400 - Jun 16, 2017
- Scientist Shocked To See Snakes Carry Out Coordinated Attacks - Jun 2, 2017