American food processing firm Kraft Foods Group has announced voluntary recall of 7,691 cases of some varieties of its regular Kraft American Singles Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product as a precautionary measure on fears of their premature spoilage in the absence of proper storage conditions set by the company.
The company has recalled the products from a US-based store after it found that the store management failed to follow the set temperature standards for proper storage of the products, hence, creating huge possibility of their premature spoilage.
“A supplier failed to store an ingredient used in the preparation of the cheese product in accordance with temperature standards set by Kraft. Hence, it’s considered ‘unlikely, this could create conditions that could lead to premature spoilage and/or food borne illness; therefore, the company is issuing the recall as a precaution’,” the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) said in a release.
Meanwhile, Kraft confirmed that so far it has not received any consumer complaints or any case of illness associated with the recalled products and the decision was taken just as a precautionary measure.
According to the company, four varieties of the cheese singles products having the “Best When Used By” dates of February 20, 2015, and February 21, 2015 have been recalled from a US store.
The company further said that the affected products were only limited to the United States and not distributed outside of the country. It also said that no other products manufactured by Kraft have been affected by the recall.
Following are the varieties of Kraft products being recalled:
- 12 oz Kraft American Singles (16 slices), Package Code: 0 21000 60464 7, Case Code: 00 21000 60464 00, Use By Dates: 20 FEB 2015 and 21 FEB 2015
- 16 oz Kraft American Singles (24 slices), Package Code: 0 21000 61526 1, Case Code: 00 21000 61450 00, Use By Dates: 20 FEB 2015
- 16 oz Kraft American Singles (24 slices), Package Code: 0 21000 61526 1, Case Code: 00 21000 61526 00, Use By Dates: 20 FEB 2015
- 64 oz (4 lb) Kraft American Singles (4×24 slice), Package Code: 0 21000 63360 9, Case Code: 00 21000 62559 00, Use By Dates: 20 FEB 2015
The company has asked the customers to check the products’ expiry products and if they have purchased any of the recalled items can return them to the store from where they were purchased against an exchange or full refund.
Kraft has also issued a toll free help line number for receiving consumer complaints and feedback. The consumers can contact Kraft Foods Consumer Relations at 1-800-396-5512.
Latest posts by Christina Langfold (see all)
- Scientists Discover the Second Fastest Spinning Pulsar In The Universe - Mar 19, 2019
- Coral Reef Damage Scares Florida Keys Researchers and Businesses - Mar 19, 2019
- Nike to Slash Global Workforce by 1,400 - Mar 19, 2019