Dr. Paul Biddinger, director of emergency at Massachusetts General said that the Boston Ebola suspect met the criteria for the virus and is now being investigated after arriving to the hospital on Tuesday afternoon. Dr. Biddinger did not say anything about the symptoms of the Boston Ebola suspect.
“The patient is in stable condition and is in good spirits and is undergoing clinical evaluation and care and we are in close contact with the city and state health officials.”
Dr. Biddinger said the patient has been to Ebola affected areas and the chances that he might have been exposed to the virus are high.
The Boston Ebola suspect is currently in under quarantine in while undergoing tests to determine if he really carries the virus. The doctors say it could take several days until they’ve reached a diagnosis.
The doctors said that the Ebola suspect patient is in good spirits and in a stable condition. They also said that even if the tests come out negative, they still have to respect the rules imposed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as a way of precaution.
There is no information about the identity of the Ebola suspect who is being monitored at the Boston Massachusetts General Hospital.
The Boston Public Health Commission said on Tuesday:
“We want to reassure you that the hospital is safe. Even though it is unconfirmed that the individual has the Ebola virus, we are taking the actions recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as a precaution. We will continue to keep you updated as more information becomes available.”
Last month, in October there have been several Ebola suspects treated in the State of Massachusetts, but it turned out none of the patients were carrying the deadly virus.
Health officials revealed that two people have died of Ebola in the US and the deadly virus infected more than 17,000 people and killed more than 6,000 in West Africa. The officials also stated that there are no current confirmed Ebola infected people in the US.