The firefighters on Saturday continued with their battle o contain a wildfire on the outskirts of Yosemite National Park that scorched about 300 acres in Central California.
The crew reported about 25 percent progress in controlling the wild blaze that broke out Friday afternoon, officials said.
According to the officials, they are still probing the cause of the fire and also said that no incidences of structure damages have been reported so far.
Except one case of minor injury, no cases of death or severe injury have been reported, officials said.
According to the California Department of Forestry and Fire Prevention (CalFire), the rescue efforts to evacuate people from the affected and on high risk zones continued as the ‘Bridge Fire’ held steady at 300 acres (120 hectares) on Saturday.
Meanwhile, the evacuation orders for about 700 homes remained in effect on Saturday. CalFire spokesman Dennis Mathisen on Saturday said that the growing fire was threatening about 700 homes after which the orders for immediate evacuation of the residents were given. The order would stay in place until the crew announces the area safe for return, Mathisen said.
This is not the first occasion when Yosemite national park has reported wildfire. Last month, a fast-moving blaze had forced thousands of people to leave their homes and work in the populated region south of Yosemite. Interestingly, the Bridge Fire has been reported burning near the same location.
Mathisen said, “The difference between the Bridge Fire and last month’s Junction Fire is that this fire is a little more rural and the structures threatened are in a residential area.”
The fire has erupted on Friday in Mariposa County near Oakhurst, some 14 miles (22.5 kilometers) southwest of the Yosemite national park.