Your index finger, might show if you are born to be faithful to your loved one or not.
Before involving in a serious relationship, people should examine first, the hands of their future partner, as the proportion between the index finger and the ring finger might proove how faithful or unfaithful that person inclines to be, stated researchers in a new study, published in the Biology Letters.
Earlier studies have shown that if the foetus is exposed to a high level of testosterone during pregnancy, than the future of that person will be more likely to suffer from infidelity.
The level of testosterone might also be responsible for the difference in size between the index finger and the ring finger. Along the pregnancy, the foetus is exposed to the actions caused by the alternation of different hormones, like estrogen, the feminine hormones, which tend to determine the length of the index finger, while the masculine hormone, testosterone, determines the growth of the ring finger.
Scientists form the University of Oxford and Northumbia have used this hint to make an analysis on a group of 1.314 British individuals, both men and women. They have compared the results with the ones found in another study, regarding social and sexual behaviours, conducted on a group of 595 north American and British volunteers.
Both population proved to own a group of men and women more inclined to be faithful, and another group more inclined to be more loose sexually, explained biology professor at the university of Oxford, Rafael Wlodarski.
According to the British study, the average percentage of men inclined to be more sexually loose was around 57%, the rest being inclined towards being faithful and 47% of women tended to be more sexually loose than the rest of 53% who were more likely to be faithful.
The presence of these two particular groups among the human population, might explain why in the animal kingdom, human beings have always figured in-between the monogamous and polygamous species, stated the authors of the study.
However, the study which has analysed the length of fingers, suggested that there is a higher percentage of men and women who are more likely to be unfaithful compared to the results of the studies based on questionnaires and statistics.
The human behaviour can be influenced by several factors, such as the environment and life experience. What happens to the foetus inside the belly of his mother might have a minor impact on such a complex matter, like romantic human relationships, stressed professor Robin Dunbar, another author of the study.
Image Source: Bradley Gauthier Blog
Latest posts by Anne-Marie Jackson (see all)
- Elephants Noted To Be Hiding During The Day To Avoid Poachers - Sep 15, 2017
- Ruddy Shelducks Are Capable Of Crossing The Himalayas - Sep 7, 2017
- Milky Way May Have A New Type Of Giant Black Hole At Its Center - Sep 5, 2017